Private practice, full-time position, and great team!
You enjoy making a difference in the lives of others. You want an opportunity to come in, showcase your passion, have a voice, and be part of an amazing team. Trust in your hearing professional is not bought, it is earned, through an honest, professional appraisal of one’s communication needs.
The Company: Central Illinois Hearing
Central Illinois Hearing is a 22-year-old, single owner private practice with two offices in Springfield and Jacksonville IL that has been providing comprehensive hearing healthcare services including diagnostics, hearing aid evaluation and dispensing and some industrial hearing testing We are staffed by a Doctor of Audiology who owns the practice and is committed to giving our patients the highest quality hearing health care available. We provide state-of-the-art hearing aid technology and measurements, advanced hearing testing and tinnitus services. We absolutely love what we do! Bringing improved hearing and better communication to our patients’ lives is our passion. We strive for a strong patient-provider relationship based on honesty, integrity, and values, and we feel that this is the best approach to making sure our patients don’t miss any of the precious moments in their lives.
Central Illinois Hearing is currently looking for an audiologist who shares the same passion to improve patient’s quality of life through better communication. We work together as a team to create an environment that makes people comfortable and helps them work towards better hearing and quality of life. The right candidate will appreciate the autonomy, flexibility and potential for growth that working in a private practice can provide. The right candidate would also be considered to purchase the practice when the owner retires
The Audiologist will be responsible for performing comprehensive diagnostic testing, hearing aid evaluation, selection, and fitting, patient counseling, and follow-up care. Management of industrial hearing conservation programs. Our clinic focuses on treating hearing loss in a primarily adult population. Work with the owner in developing marketing plans to increase referrals
Administers Diagnostic Tests
- Performs diagnostic testing including industrial hearing screenings
- Performs tympanometry, and acoustic reflex threshold testing and DPOAE testing.
- Interprets test results and provides reporting to physician’s other medical professionals and industrial safety coordinator.
Hearing Aid Evaluation and Fitting
- Counsels’ patients regarding test results, and gains a complete understanding of the patient’s hearing needs and lifestyle to develop a customized hearing care plan.
- Performs selection, programming, and verification of the appropriate hearing aid technology to best meet the patient’s individual needs.
- Provides ongoing management including follow-up and education, hearing aid checks and adjustments, repairs, and cleanings as necessary to maintain ongoing patient relationships.
Assists in Professional and Community Outreach
In addition to professional responsibilities, the Audiologist will be part of a team engaging in marketing outreach and growing positive relationships with colleagues, vendors, fellow healthcare practitioners, and community organizations. This includes informational presentations regarding hearing loss, treatment options, and technology to local community groups, facilities, and medical professionals. We also partner with our local service clubs which provides hearing aid assistance to low-income individuals
- AuD or applicable MS degree. Illinois licensed audiologist (or ability to obtain one by time of hire). Be eligible to be a certified Medicare provider
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that allow effective working relationships with a diverse patient, colleague, and vendor population so that goals are achieved.
- Strong keyboard/computer/Audiology diagnostic and hearing aid software and equipment experience.
- Organized, able to multi-task, detail oriented.
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!
Office Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Springfield)
Friday’s 9:00- 4:00 (Jacksonville)
Benefits: Central Illinois Hearing offers a competitive salary and compensation options that can be made to fit your needs, including:
- Retirement plan
- Paid Holidays and PTO- Flexible
- Specialized Training
- Paid professional memberships
- QSERHA medical benefits
Please apply to the following email: